We are Rice University's premier undergraduate journal of scholarship in domestic and international public policy, published by the James A. Baker III Institute of Public Policy. We publish short-form articles as well as long-form papers.
Interested in Writing for RJPP?
Submit short-form and long-form pieces to email@example.com!
Short-Form Articles: 100o words or fewer.
- Research question/issue – choose anything that's important to you and relevant today!
- Theory and background issues, hypothesis and/or policy change, rationale for change, the way forward and what to expect in the future
- Sources in MLA format
Long-Form Papers: 10-15 pages, double spaced.
- Must include a policy proposal that focuses on laws of public regulations
- An abstract, background information, an analysis of why current policy is inadequate, an analysis of the appropriate course of policy action and its benefits and possible drawbacks, and a bibliography with diverse academic sources
- Chicago Style
- Editor-in-Chief: Blake Coleman
- Head Short-Form Editor: Conor Rork
- Head Long-Form Editor: Nina Kalluri
- Internal Sourcing Manager: Anson Tong
- External Sourcing Manager: Owais Fazal
- Design Team Head: Jennifer Fu